Solving problem with incorrect IP address detection
It's a crucial for the plugin to detect all IP addresses correctly.
In some rare cases, Cerber is unable to do that automatically due to hosting limitations. That means Cerber is unable to protect your website the right way and might even lock you out of your WordPress dashboard. First of all, use Getting Started guide to make sure that the plugin detects IP addresses correctly.
If you still unable to make the plugin get IP addresses correctly, you can define the
CERBER_IP_KEY PHP constant in the wp-config.php file and the plugin will use it as a key to obtain IP addresses from the
The step by step instruction
- Get your current IP address on the What is my IP address page
- Go to the Tools plugin admin page and click the Diagnostic tab
- Scroll down to the Server info section
- Find your IP address in one of those strings that are displayed under the section
- In the left part of the string with your IP address you will see a key in the square brackets. For instance, it may be:
[HTTP_X_REAL_IP] => 222.214.171.124.
- Now you take the key you’ve found on the previous step
HTTP_X_REAL_IPand add the following string with your key to the wp-config.php file
define('CERBER_IP_KEY', 'HTTP_X_REAL_IP' );
Note: The HTTP_X_REAL_IP is shown as an example, you have to use your own key.