WP Cerber 4.0
Welcome a new version with extended Access Lists and reCAPTCHA for WooCommerce
- reCAPTCHA for WooCommerce forms. How to set up reCAPTCHA.
- IP Access Lists has got support for IP networks in three forms: ability to restrict access with IPv4 ranges, IPv4 CIDR notation and IPv4 subnets: A,B,C has been added. Read more: Access Lists for WordPress.
- Cerber can automatically detect an IP network of an intruder and suggests you block entire network right from the Activity screen.
- A small dashboard that will be improved in the next release.
- Integration with Cerber Lab.
Improvements and changes
- After the saving reCAPTCHA settings the plugin check availability of the Google API.
- The detection of the abuse email for an IP address by using WHOIS data has been improved.
- Cerber is getting smarter: If a user has successfully logged in to a website once, Cerber will not block an IP of the user if the user has tried to get access to prohibited WordPress PHP scripts (wp-login.php, wp-signup.php, wp-register.php).
- The WP Cerber admin menu is moved from Settings to the main admin menu.
- To make Cerber more compatible with other plugins, the order of the init hook on the Custom login page (Custom login URL) has been changed.
- Some languages files (translations) has been updated.
- A large amount of code has been rewritten to improve performance and stability.
- Cerber has got its own Cerber’s Facebook page, Twitter account and Cerber’s page on Google +.
Fixed bugs and issues
- If a hacker or a bot uses login from the list of prohibited usernames or non-existent username, Citadel mode is unable to be automatically activated.
- reCAPTCHA for an ordinary WordPress login form is incompatible with a WooCommerce login form.
- In some cases the plugin log first digits of an IP address as an ID of existing user.
Thanks for translators!
- Deutsche, thanks to Daniel
- Portuguese, thanks to Felipe Turcheti
- Dutch, thanks to Bernardo
- Український, thanks to Nadia
- Русский, thanks to Yui
Want to get a translated version in your language? Join the translation team on POeditor.com.
Want to get the latest news?
Cerber has got its own Cerber’s Facebook page, Twitter account and Cerber’s page on Google +. Follow it.
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Antispam protection for WordPress contact forms 10/22/2017
- Solving problem with incorrect IP address detection 10/17/2017
- WP Cerber 5.2 10/01/2017
- WP Cerber 5.1 09/11/2017
- WP Cerber 5.0 08/13/2017