User reviews from WordPress.org
Live reviews from the users
- The best protection I’ve used to date December 5, 2017 3:32:00 PMReplies: 1 I have a genealogy website using WordPress for the front end. After my site was indexed by search engines, I started getting spam and numerous attempts to get into the admin area. I installed Cerber and that stopped. I am not an programmer or an IT expert but in my opinion this program does an excellent job protecting my website. It has options to block troublesome networks and IP addresses while the most recent version can block selected countries from accessing WordPress functions such as registering, post comments and forms.
- Best and complete site security plugin December 4, 2017 2:11:00 AMReplies: 0 Someone DDoS my site and even Cloudflare failed to stop that. I searched here and there to find a solution to this problem before my host suspend my hosting service, I stumbled upon this plugin. I first thought that this is just another plugin that will give typical brute-force protection. But once I installed and activated it, DDoS attacks against my website instantly stopped. In Activity log I saw over 200 simultaneous requests to Rest API that simply increased CPU, RAM and entry processes usage to full and my site went down. After installing this plugin, I am now observing failed attempts to attack my site in Activity log which is pretty nice. Additionally blocking malicious login attempts is really a useful feature and details like hostname, non-existent usernames and IPs can help you see who was trying to login and from where (you can see complete details of blocked IP by clicking on it). I will highly recommend this plugin for protection against DDoS and malicious logi
- Very good! November 29, 2017 2:33:00 AMReplies: 0 Very good security plugin!
- New versions are full of bloat! November 27, 2017 9:29:00 AMReplies: 3 WP Cerber was the best security plugin out there, when it was lightweight and without over-excessive notifications. We used to love this plugin. Update after update we have tolerated some things, but enough is enough. The most annoying things so far: – Notification/information boxes that take half of the macbook screen (usually more than one) – Other information boxes pop up after earlier is dismissed – Every update pops up the notification boxes again – Updates enable options that were not previously selected (for example masking the wp-admin when it was disabled earlier) – Some update prevented WP Rest API from working which causes problems for example with Contact Form 7 = no possible to send any feedback or inquiry, loss of sales for customers, very bad! – Immediately lock out with wrong username -option was disabled before, but then enabled again after update – Unnecessary emails go directly to the customer – …and many more. – No warnings in changelog about these whatso
- Great security plugin November 24, 2017 6:37:00 AMReplies: 1 After having used Cerber now for more than a year, it is time for a review. It gives peace of mind to see all those strange login attempts from all over the world to be blocked. As a satisfied user, I would advise it to all.
- 7 stars November 22, 2017 7:48:00 PMReplies: 1 Where ist the button for 5 stars? I like to click vor 7 star, but there are only 5 😉
- good part of tools November 22, 2017 12:04:00 AMReplies: 1 Good work, only need comment line for ip white list , to be easy remember and admin who is behind each ip range or single ip tx alex
- Works great. Thank you so much! November 20, 2017 6:59:00 PMReplies: 1 Works great.
- Excellent ! November 19, 2017 10:49:00 AMReplies: 1 C’est pour moi, le meilleur logiciel de sa catégorie !!
- Great plugin November 18, 2017 11:25:00 PMReplies: 0 Very easy to configure. Very helpful FAQ.
- Très efficace (very efficient) November 17, 2017 10:45:00 AMReplies: 1 I N D I S P E N S A B L E
- Does the job, perfectly. November 16, 2017 10:26:00 PMReplies: 1 I’m no tech guru, but this plugin is brilliant and pretty simple to use. Highly recommend.
- Great Plugin November 15, 2017 10:36:00 PMReplies: 1 This is a great plugin. I’ve used it on my site since it was born and lately I’ve been getting hits by lots of .ru hosts trying to access wp-login.php. I just set the block any subnet which tries to access it and am now waiting on the plugin to generate a black list for me. Excellent.
- Muy bueno November 4, 2017 7:46:00 AMReplies: 1 imprescindible
- Perfect! October 31, 2017 10:35:00 AMReplies: 0 This plugin is absolutely perfect! And it’s free! Thanks to developer!