WP Cerber Security is an open source WordPress security plugin and available for download from the wordpress.org plugin repository for free. The plugin works out of the box and will start protecting your WordPress immediately after the activation.
Install the plugin from within the WordPress dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard of your website
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Type Cerber in the Search Plugins box and press Enter
- Find a tile with a dog and click the Install Now button on the tile
- On the next page click the Activate Plugin link
- Done! WP Cerber Security is now active and has started protecting your site
- Customize security settings: Getting Started Guide
Install the plugin manually
- Download the latest version of the plugin in a ZIP archive from the WordPress repository: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wp-cerber.zip
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard
- Click the Add New under the Plugins admin menu
- Click the Upload Plugin button that is located next to the page title
- Select downloaded ZIP archive file
- Click the Install Now button.
- Click the Activate Plugin button.
- Customize security settings: Getting Started Guide.
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Development version 7.9.9 February 10, 2019
- Manage multiple WP Cerber instances from one dashboard February 4, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 7.9.7 January 11, 2019
- Registered users only mode January 8, 2019
- Development version 7.9.5 December 20, 2018