WP Cerber Security & Antispam
Professional WordPress security and anti-spam plugin trusted by tens of thousands. Protects websites against hackers and brute force attacks. Restricts access with a Black IP Access List and a White IP Access List. Performs automated scans for malware and viruses. Tracks user and intruder activity with powerful email and mobile notifications.
Pack of useful and five star rated features you’ll love
- Limit login attempts to protect WordPress against brute force attacks
- Malware scanner & integrity checker.
- Anti-spam and anti-bot engine for comment, contact and registration forms
- Restrict access with White IP Access List and Black IP Access List
- Traffic Inspector screens all suspicious requests and blocks them if they can harm a website.
- Stop spammers and bots: reCAPTCHA for WordPress and WooCommerce forms
- Rename wp-login.php and hide dashboard /wp-admin/
- Make hidden Custom login URL
- Stop user enumeration
- Restrict access to the REST API and XML-RPC
- Hardening WordPress: disable XML-RPC, WP REST API and feeds any kind
- The plugin supports fail2ban for advanced mitigating botnet attacks
See the full list of security features
Malware detect and removal tool
Malware scanner & integrity checker is a sophisticated security tool that thoroughly scans every file and folder on your website for traces of malware, trojans, and viruses, changed and new suspicious files. The scanner verifies the integrity of WordPress, plugins and themes and prevent them from being infected with unforeseen malware. Make your schedule for automated scans on an hourly and daily basis with email alerts and reports.
What Cerber Security Scanner scans and detects
Constantly improving security solution
WP Cerber Security is an always-improving WordPress security plugin which gains new features and improvements every single week. The author with his world-class engineering experience constantly iterates upon every part of plugin’s security algorithms making the plugin smarter and more reliable with every new release. Subscribe to Cerber’s newsletter to get early access to the latest technologies.
How does WP Cerber Security protect websites?
By default, WordPress allows unlimited login attempts through the login form, XML-RPC or by sending special cookies. This allows passwords to be cracked with relative ease via a brute-force attack.
The plugin blocks intruders by IP or subnet from making further attempts after a specified limit on retries is reached, making brute force attacks or distributed brute force attacks from botnets impossible.
With the plugin, you can create a Black IP Access List and White IP Access List to restrict logins from a particular IP address, subnet or IP range.
Moreover, you can create your Custom login page and forget about automated attacks, which require constant attention and consumes significant server resources. If an attacker tries to access wp-login.php, they get a 404 Error response and, optionally, are locked out for a configured period of time.
WP Cerber Security tracks time, IP addresses and usernames for successful and failed login attempts, logins, logouts, password changes, blocked IPs and actions taken by itself.
You can hide WordPress dashboard (/wp-admin/) when a user isn’t logged in. If the user isn’t logged in and they attempt to access the dashboard by requesting /wp-admin/, the plugin returns a 404 Error page.
A massive botnet brute force attack like CVE-2018-6389? That’s no longer a problem. The plugin automatically activates Citadel mode after several unsuccessful login attempts and prevent your site from making further attempts to break into with any username.
What does “Cerber” mean?
Cerber is derived from the name Cerberus. In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus is a multi-headed dog with a serpent’s tail, a mane of snakes, and a lion’s claws. Nobody can bypass this angry dog. Now you can order WP Cerber to guard the entrance to your site too.See people reviews from around the world Download plugin from WordPress.org
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Development version 7.6.1 September 4, 2018
- WP Cerber Security 7.6 August 31, 2018
- Get WordPress protected: rename the plugins folder August 27, 2018
- Development version 7.5.2 August 24, 2018
- WP Cerber Security 7.5 August 20, 2018