WordPress 5.4.1. A security update fixes seven XSS vulnerabilities
Here we go. Multiple serious security issues affect WordPress versions 5.4 and earlier. Those issues include seven XSS vulnerabilities that exist for years in the WordPress core.
Because this is a security release, it is recommended that you update your websites immediately. Along with a security plugin you have.
Here is the list of fixed vulnerabilities as they listed on wordpress.org.
- Props to Muaz Bin Abdus Sattar and Jannes who both independently reported an issue where password reset tokens were not properly invalidated
- Props to ka1n4t for finding an issue where certain private posts can be viewed unauthenticated
- Props to Evan Ricafort for discovering an XSS issue in the Customizer
- Props to Ben Bidner from the WordPress Security Team who discovered an XSS issue in the search block
- Props to Nick Daugherty from WordPress VIP / WordPress Security Team who discovered an XSS issue in wp-object-cache
- Props to Ronnie Goodrich (Kahoots) and Jason Medeiros who independently reported an XSS issue in file uploads.
- Props to Weston Ruter for fixing a stored XSS vulnerability in the WordPress customizer.
The source: https://wordpress.org/news/2020/04/wordpress-5-4-1/