How to rename wp-login.php
WP Cerber lets you easily and safely change default login page wp-login.php to whatever you want. In other words you can set up Custom login URL and hide wp-login.php from automated attacks. You don’t need to edit .htaccess file manually or rename your actual wp-login.php file. With WP Cerber you can do it in several clicks. It is safe.
- Open WP Cerber settings page.
- Enter your desired login URL (remember it or bookmarked it) into Custom login URL field
- Check Block direct access to wp-login.php and return HTTP 404 Not Found Error
- Save settings.
- After you set up Custom login URL and you are using a caching plugin like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache you should add the slug of the new login URL to the list of pages not to cache.
- For multisite mode login URL will be changed for all sites globally.
- Never rename wp-login.php file directly. After updating your WordPress to new version, wp-login.php will be accessible for intruders again.
See also: How to hide wp-admin and wp-login.php from possible attacks
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- WP Cerber 4.7.7 04/28/2017
- Brute-force, DoS, and DDoS attacks – what’s the difference? 04/10/2017
- WP Cerber 4.5 03/22/2017
- Instant mobile and browser notifications with Pushbullet 03/20/2017
- Best WordPress Plugins for Two-Factor Authentication 03/15/2017
Let's make things clear with these intruder activities that happens every day with any website. How are they dangerous? What tools or plugin can mitigate them? What are chances that we can do that successfully?
WP Cerber allows you to easily enable desktop and mobile notifications and get all those notifications from your WordPress instantly and for free. In a desktop browser, you will get popup messages even if you logged out of your WordPress. Last posts from WordPress security blog WP Cerber 4.7.7 04/28/2017 Brute-force, DoS, and [...]