How to hide wp-admin and wp-login.php from possible attacks
Hiding wp-admin is an easy yet an effective way of reducing the number of attacks from dumb bots and hackers. It's a great tool for reducing attack surface.
With WP Cerber Security you can do that with several clicks.
- Open WP Cerber main settings page.
- Check Disable automatic redirecting to login page when /wp-admin/ is requested by unauthorized request
- Enter your desired custom login URL into the Custom login URL field
- Remember or bookmark custom login UR, otherwise you will not be able to log in.
- Check Block direct access to wp-login.php and return HTTP 404 Not Found Error
- Save settings. Done!
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- The size of database is big and it keeps growing April 16, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 8.2 April 15, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 8.1 March 6, 2019
- How to protect WordPress effectively: a must-do list March 1, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 8.0 February 20, 2019
WP Cerber Security 6.5