WP Cerber Security 6.0
Hacker attacks on websites get stronger and smarter because fast-growing technologies create new opportunities for hackers and cybercriminals. We cannot ignore those facts and that’s the reason we’ve implemented a new feature: Traffic Inspector. It’s a specialized request inspection algorithm that acts as additional protection layer. Since v 6.0 WP Cerber Security performs inspection all suspicious requests and blocks them before they can harm a website. This security algorithm is enabled by default and requires no configuration. It will be improved based on the knowledge we get during collecting and analyzing hacker attack patterns in our Cerber Lab.
Traffic Inspector not only inspects requests but also optionally logs them, so you can inspect them manually. Is it possible that the logging slows down website performance? Probably it’s possible on a free hosting if the logging all traffic is enabled, ignore search engine crawlers is disabled and saving requests fields is enabled.
- Added ability to clean up Cerber’s DB tables. Now you can manually delete all rows in a Cerber’s DB table on the Tools / Diagnostic admin page. Note: this operation cannot be rolled back.
- If your hosting environment (web server) has some issues and those issues can affect plugin functionality, they are shown on the Tools / Diagnostic page.
- On the Access Lists admin page there are new links for each entry to check HTTP requests from a particular network or an IP address.
- Added protection to prevent scheduled tasks from being executed multiple times an hour. If you, from time to time, get several identical weekly reports, that is your case.
- Language translations have been updated. Thanks to all translators!
- Code performance optimizations.
- To eliminate possible warning messages in the server error log or the WordPress dashboard, the inet_pton() function has been replaced with filter_var().
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Development version 7.6.1 September 4, 2018
- WP Cerber Security 7.6 August 31, 2018
- Get WordPress protected: rename the plugins folder August 27, 2018
- Development version 7.5.2 August 24, 2018
- WP Cerber Security 7.5 August 20, 2018