WP Cerber 5.0
- Cerber has got a new antispam and bot detection engine that protects comment and user registration forms from bot attacks. No reCAPTCHA is needed anymore. After several attempts bot IP will be locked out.
- Now you can tell Cerber either to mark detected spam comments as spam or deny them completely.
- Optionally Cerber can automatically move spam comments older than the specified amount of days to trash.
- Welcome, Italy! Italian translation has been added, thanks to Francesco Venuti.
- Added code to avoid possible conflict between Custom login URL and REST API.
- Added the cerber_404_template filter for specifying an alternative template to the default 404 page not found template.
- Sometimes you might see the following message in the Apache error log: WordPress database error: Table ‘…cerber_lab_net’ doesn’t exist.
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Antispam protection for WordPress contact forms 10/22/2017
- Solving problem with incorrect IP address detection 10/17/2017
- WP Cerber 5.2 10/01/2017
- WP Cerber 5.1 09/11/2017
- WP Cerber 5.0 08/13/2017
WP Cerber 4.8.2