WP Cerber Security 5.0
- Cerber has got a new antispam and bot detection engine that protects comment and user registration forms from bot attacks. No reCAPTCHA is needed anymore. After several attempts bot IP will be locked out.
- Now you can tell Cerber either to mark detected spam comments as spam or deny them completely.
- Optionally Cerber can automatically move spam comments older than the specified amount of days to trash.
- Welcome, Italy! Italian translation has been added, thanks to Francesco Venuti.
- Added code to avoid possible conflict between Custom login URL and REST API.
- Added the cerber_404_template filter for specifying an alternative template to the default 404 page not found template.
- Sometimes you might see the following message in the Apache error log: WordPress database error: Table ‘…cerber_lab_net’ doesn’t exist.
Wonder what WP Cerber got in the previous version?
Review the release note for WP Cerber Security 4.9.
How to install WP Cerber on your WordPress
Enable automatic updates or install WP Cerber if you do not have it on your website.
Have any questions?
If you have a question regarding WordPress security or WP Cerber, leave them in the comments section below or get them answered here: G2.COM/WPCerber.