WP Cerber 2.9
What is new?
- Added ability to check and block prohibited usernames (logins). You can specify list of usernames (logins) on a new settings tab called Users. The plugin will immediately block any attempt to log in and will lock out any IP address have tried to use those logins. It’s recommended to have at least following usernames in the list: admin, administrator, manager, test. Defining this list you create a trap for brute force bots. Note: an attempt will be blocked even if user with one of those login exists on the site.
- Now you can specify rate limiting for notification letters. This setting tells the plugin how many letters can be sent per one hour (last 60 minutes). Set limit on the main settings page.
- Protection for wp-register.php and a custom login URL. If the new user registration has been disabled, automatic redirection from wp-register.php to the login page is blocked (will return HTTP 404 error). Remote IP will be locked out.
- You can set user session expiration timeout now. It defines how long user will stay logged in. Empty value do not change default WordPress expiration timeout.
- If you have unusual (and definitely weird) web server configuration you can define constant CERBER_IP_KEY and the plugin will use it as a key to obtain IP address from $_SERVER variable.
Minor changes and updates
- Update: Improved WP-CLI compatibility.
- Update: All dates are displayed in a localized format with date_i18n function.
- Fixed bugs: incorrect admin URL in notification letters for multisite with multiple domains configuration, lack of error message on the login form if IP is blocked, CSRF vulnerability on the import settings page
- Removed deprecated function get_currentuserinfo().
So, as you can see probably the best limit login attempts plugin is getting better!
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Development version 7.6.1 September 4, 2018
- WP Cerber Security 7.6 August 31, 2018
- Get WordPress protected: rename the plugins folder August 27, 2018
- Development version 7.5.2 August 24, 2018
- WP Cerber Security 7.5 August 20, 2018
Development versionsNext Post
Development version 7.5.2