WP Cerber Security 8.6.5
We continue developing and improving one of the most advanced and reliable security solutions for WordPress. Now it’s better than it was. Here is what’s new in WP Cerber Security 8.6.5.
- New: File system analytics. It’s located on the Site Integrity admin page under the new Analytics tab. It’s generated based on the results of the last full malware scan so you need to run the full scan manually or have them automatically run on a schedule if you use the Professional version of WP Cerber.
- New: Logging user deletions. The user’s display name and roles are temporarily stored until all log entries related to the user are deleted. And yes, it’s GDPR compliant since the deleted user’s data is deleted when the website admin uses the WordPress Erase Personal Data tool or when respective Cerber’s log entries are deleted.
- New: Faster export with a new date format for CSV log export. Now you can enable using a plain ISO 8601 date format which is Y-m-d H:i:s. This enables you to download larger CSV export files. The new setting is on the Main Settings page.
- New: Ability to disable adding the website administrator’s IP address to the White IP Access List upon WP Cerber activation. The new setting is on the Main Settings page.
- New counters on the Quarantine and Ignore List tabs on the integrity checker and malware scanner admin page.
- Starting this version you’ll see more labels in the Cerber’s logs: IP whitelisted, URL whitelisted, Query whitelisted, Namespace whitelisted.
- Handling user registrations with prohibited emails has been improved.
- Handling the creation of new users by WooCommerce and membership plugins has been improved.
- Handling secure Cerber‘s cookies on websites with SSL encryption enabled has been improved.
- The performance of the integrity checker and malware scanner on huge websites with a large number of files has been improved.
- Dates on the plugin admin pages are now displayed in a more sleek way.
- No way! The old, ugly style of the Diagnostic page has been improved.
- Loading the default plugin settings has no effect. Now it’s fixed and moved from the admin sidebar to the Tools admin page.
- If a custom value is specified for the Date format setting field, the field hint shows incorrect default value.
A message to website owners
We encourage you to keep your software is up to date. It’s extremely important because nowadays new vulnerabilities are discovered and become known to hackers at unprecedented speed. Currently, the professional, cloud version of WP Cerber is detecting and mitigating millions of attacks per day and we see that a whole lot of them are trying to exploit vulnerabilities found in outdated versions of WordPress, plugins, and themes (proof). And those attacks are done by using specialized and automated cybercriminal tools. Do not become a victim like tens of thousands of ignorant website owners have already become.
Wonder what WP Cerber got in the previous version?
Review the release note for WP Cerber Security 8.6.3.
How to install WP Cerber on your WordPress
Enable automatic updates or install WP Cerber if you do not have it on your website.
Have any questions?
If you have a question regarding WordPress security or WP Cerber, leave them in the comments section below or get them answered here: G2.COM/WPCerber.