WP Cerber 5.0
- Cerber has got a new antispam and bot detection engine that protects comment and user registration forms from bot attacks. No reCAPTCHA is needed anymore. After several attempts bot IP will be locked out.
- Now you can tell Cerber either to mark detected spam comments as spam or deny them completely.
- Optionally Cerber can automatically move spam comments older than the specified amount of days to trash.
- Welcome, Italy! Italian translation has been added, thanks to Francesco Venuti.
- Added code to avoid possible conflict between Custom login URL and REST API.
- Added the cerber_404_template filter for specifying an alternative template to the default 404 page not found template.
- Sometimes you might see the following message in the Apache error log: WordPress database error: Table ‘…cerber_lab_net’ doesn’t exist.
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- How to clean up activity and live traffic logs February 16, 2018
- How to protect WordPress against CVE-2018-6389 DoS attacks February 11, 2018
- WP Cerber Security 6.2 February 7, 2018
- Traffic Inspector and logging how to February 5, 2018
- Development version 6.1.3 February 1, 2018
Security BlogNext Post
WordPress 4.9.1 Security and Maintenance Release