WP Cerber Security 7.5
What’s new in the Traffic Inspector firewall
- New. The firewall algorithms have been improved and now inspect the contents of all files that are being tried to upload on a website. It inspects files for a malicious payload and delete a file if it contains malware code. This protects the website against code execution attack through any WordPress media library design flaws (link) and any forms that allows to upload files.
- Update. A set of new malware patterns have been added to detect malware submitted through a contact form as well as any HTTP request fields.
- Update. Database queries slightly updated to improve logging performance.
What’s new in the Traffic Inspector traffic logger
- New. The traffic logger can save headers, cookies and the $_SERVER variable for every HTTP request. This feature are disabled by default because it can consume additional amount of disk space. You can enable it manually on the Traffic Inspector setting page. All logged data is searchable with “Advanced Search”. Use the “Miscellaneous details contains” field.
- We’ve added two new buttons that allow to display suspicious requests and errors in one click.
What’s new in the anti-spam engine
- Update. Now the plugin inspects user sign ups (user registrations) on multisite WordPress installations and BuddyPress. This stops spam registrations on your WordPress.
- New. The limit to the number of registrations and tracking user sign up activations on BuddyPress is supported by a special add-on available in the professional version of WP Cerber.
What’s new in the malware scanner and integrity checker
- The scanner now scans installed plugins for known vulnerabilities. If you have enabled scheduled automatic scans you will be notified in a email report if a vulnerability in one of the installed WordPress plugins has been discovered.
- Update. The layout of email reports updated
- Bugfix. A minor bug with CSS styles of scan results area fixed
- The search for user activity, as well as enabling activity notifications, is improved. Now user activity can be found by entering the first name or the last name on the Activity tab. To be notified of the user activity click the Subscribe button. Read more about notifications.
Dashboard icons by Boxicons, https://boxicons.com
Development VersionsNext Post
Development version 7.5.2