WP Cerber Security 7.9
We continue to improve the WP Cerber Security algorithms in responding to new cybersecurity threats and risks. Here is what you get in this version.
- Traffic Inspector has got a new error monitor which works as an additional security layer. The plugin monitors suspicious requests that cause 4xx and 5xx HTTP errors and blocks IP addresses that aggressively generate such requests. As always you can check all these requests on Live Traffic page if traffic logging is enabled. The plugin doesn’t monitor requests to normal website pages like posts, categories, tag, etc. The plugin might occasionally block a Googlebot IPs but it does not affect website indexing and does not prevent Googlebot from crawling the website.
- A set of WordPress navigation menu links. Login, logout, and register menu items can be automatically generated and shown in any WordPress menu or a widget. The links are displayed in the context of a user and have a proper nonce value.
- Software error logging. A handy feature that logs PHP errors and shows them on Live Traffic page. This feature can be useful for a root cause analysis. It can be enabled in the Traffic Inspector settings. On the Live Traffic page, all requests with a software error are marked with SE sign. There is a limit, though. To avoid excessive I/O database operations in a buggy environment, only first 15 errors are saved.
- A new export feature for Traffic Inspector. It allows exporting all log entries or a filtered set from the log of HTTP requests.
- Multiple improvements to Traffic Inspector firewall algorithms. In short, the detection of obfuscated malicious SQL queries and injections has been improved.
- Improved handling of malformed requests to wp-cron.php.
- Fixed a bug: the number of email notifications per hour can exceed the configured limit.
- Fixed a PHP notice that occurs when plugin sends an email notification with the empty plugin activity log.
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Development version 7.9.9 February 10, 2019
- Manage multiple WP Cerber instances from one dashboard February 4, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 7.9.7 January 11, 2019
- Registered users only mode January 8, 2019
- Development version 7.9.5 December 20, 2018
Development versionsNext Post
Development version 6.1.3