WP Cerber Security 7.8.5
What’s new in this release
- A new file filter on the Quarantine page lets to filter out quarantined files by the date of the scan.
- The performance of the malware scanner has been improved. Now the scanner deletes all files in the website session and temporary folders permanently before the scan. This behavior can be turned off on the Cleaning up settings page in the Exclusions section or on the scanner setting page by disabling Scan session directory and Scan temporary directory settings respectively. Sometimes those folders contain a lot of junk files but most importantly they also can contain hidden malware files.
- An update to the IP address detection algorithm. Now if the plugin is unable to detect the remote IP address, it will use 0.0.0.0 as an IP. If you come across this issue, read Solving problem with incorrect IP address detection.
- The anti-spam engine will never block the localhost IP which is 127.0.0.1 in case of IPv4 and ::1 in case of IPv6.
- Performance improvements for database queries related to the process of user authentication.
- Improved handling the plugin settings in a buggy or misconfigured hosting environment that could cause the plugin to reset settings to their default values.
- Improved the compatibility with hostings that have old MySQL and old PHP versions.
- Fixed an issue with saving settings on the Hardening tab: “Unable to get access to the file…”
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- Development version 7.9.9 February 10, 2019
- Manage multiple WP Cerber instances from one dashboard February 4, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 7.9.7 January 11, 2019
- Registered users only mode January 8, 2019
- Development version 7.9.5 December 20, 2018
Development versionsNext Post
Development version 6.3