WP Cerber Security 6.5
This version brings a new, advanced and more effective way of loading plugin modules and the plugin security engine. This allows Cerber Security to intercept and inspect suspicious requests more effectively and protect WordPress against attacks that try to exploit a vulnerability in a plugin or a theme. It’s advised to enable loading in Standard mode.
To enable this new mode go to the Main Settings plugin admin page and set the Load security engine setting to Standard mode.
- A new setting to disable email notifications about new versions of the plugin. It’s located on the Notification admin page in the Email notifications section.
- Search in the traffic log. Now it’s possible to search in the User agent string and filter out the HTTP method (GET/POST).
- Performance of the logging subsystem is improved: the DB query has been updated.
- In the Smart mode if a user is not logged in, all requests to the admin dashboard are logged.
- PHP versions older than 5.4 are no longer supported. The code itself is still compatible and can be installed on PHP 5.3.
- On a multisite WordPress installation with websites in subdirectories when a new user clicks on an activation link (wp-activate.php?key=code) they will be locked out.
- If a user tries to log in with an email address and an incorrect password, the “Invalid username” message is shown instead of “Incorrect password”.
Have any questions?
If you have a question regarding WordPress security or WP Cerber, leave them in the comment section below or get them answered here: G2.COM/WPCerber.