Cerber Security 7.0
We’re proud to announce a new version of the plugin with a new security tool: Cerber Security Scanner.
Some people might say “Hey guys, you make this neat plugin bulky”. No worries, we keep security algorithms properly optimized and as fast as they can be. All upcoming and new features will not slow down your websites. It’s our commitment.
So, we’ve been developing the security scanner for a while and now it’s ready to work hard protecting websites from being hacked and tampered. You can find it under the Site Integrity admin menu. The main purpose of the scanner is to provide a handy diagnostic tool to monitor all files on a website, verify the integrity of WordPress, plugins, themes and to detect and remove malware. We’re committed to developing a gimmick-free security solution, so you don’t find useless features in it.
The scanner is a complete solution to monitor file changes, detect and remove malicious code and viruses for WordPress.
Read more: How to use the scanner and remove malware
Note: the scanner is not available for multisite WP installations yet.
- A new setting has been added for Traffic Inspector: Use White IP Access List. When enabled it allows any requests from IP addresses in the White IP access list to bypass all Traffic Inspector security rules. Usually you don’t need to enable it. It’s disabled by default.
- Since v 7.0 the redirection from /wp-admin/ to the login page is not blocked if a not logged in user has been logged in once before. The affected setting: Disable automatic redirection to the login page when /wp-admin/ is requested by an unauthorized request.
The limit to the number of new user registrations is calculated the way that allows one additional registration over the limit within a given period of time.
What’s the Cerber Security, anyway? It’s a robust and complete security solution for WordPress which has been developing by security professionals at Cerber Tech Inc. This piece of software is developed with efficiency, reliability and security in mind.
Last posts from WordPress security blog
- The size of database is big and it keeps growing April 16, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 8.2 April 15, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 8.1 March 6, 2019
- How to protect WordPress effectively: a must-do list March 1, 2019
- WP Cerber Security 8.0 February 20, 2019