WP Cerber Security 8.5.5
To make the protection of WordPress stronger, we have to strengthen Cerber’s algorithms regularly. This version of WP Cerber brings a whole lot of small improvements and optimizations to the plugin code; most noticeable are listed below.
IP Access Lists now support IPv6 networks, ranges, and wildcards. Add as many entries to the access lists as you need and be impressed with the performance of the Cerber’s ACL engine. See what formats are supported below in the table with examples.
Improvements made to Cerber’s security algorithms
- The algorithm of handling consecutive IP address lockouts has been improved: the reason for an existing lockout is updated and its duration is recalculated in real-time now
- Traffic inspection algorithms were optimized to reduce false positives and make algorithms more human-friendly
- Improved compatibility with WooCommerce: the password reset and login forms are not blocked anymore if a user’s IP gets locked out due to using a non-existing username by mistake, using a prohibited username, or if a user has exceeded the number of allowed login attempts
- The layout of the table on the Live Traffic page has been optimized to display columns and request details in a more convenient way
- Improved compatibility with WordPress scheduled cron tasks if a website runs on a server with PHP-FPM (FastCGI Process Manager)
- The “Activity” drop-down lists are alphabetically sorted now
- Reinforced the sanitization of URL parameters for plugin’s admin links
- Very long URLs on the Live Traffic page are now displayed in full when you click the “Details” link in a row
- The Cerber.Hub multi-site manager: the server column on the slave websites list page now contains a link to quickly filter out websites on the same server.
- The Cerber.Hub multi-site manager: now it remembers the filtered list of slave websites while you’re switching between them and the master.
- The admin part of the plugin code has been optimized to speed up rendering plugin’s admin pages
- If the Data Shield security feature is active, the password reset page on WordPress 5.3 doesn’t work properly showing “Your password reset link appears to be invalid. Please request a new link below.”
- If the Custom login URL is enabled on a subfolder WordPress installation, the user redirection after logout generates the HTTP 404 error page.
- Very long HTTP referrers and request URLs are displayed in a truncated form on the Live Traffic page due to CSS bug.
Do you know that you can control and configure the plugin on any number of websites remotely? Enable a Cerber.Hub master mode on the main website and a slave mode on your other websites to manage all WP Cerber instances from one WordPress dashboard by switching between your websites in a click.
Have any questions?
If you have a question regarding WordPress security or WP Cerber, leave them in the comments section below or get them answered here: G2.COM/WPCerber.